Day-to-day activities at Rea:
Joseph tackles a variety of activities at Rea. He’s leads the firm’s Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) compliance and consulting initiatives. He is also involved in state and local tax and federal tax work and frequently presents for trade and professional groups on various tax topics.
Topics or areas of expertise that he can talk about (even in his sleep):
· The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) compliance and planning
· Sales and use tax
· Federal tax audits
· State tax audits
· Choice of entity
How we know he knows what he’s doing:
· Joseph has been sought after for his experience and expertise by the Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants, the Ohio State Bar Association, the Greater Columbus Arts Council, the National Business Institute, Forbes, Smart Business, ASA Ohio, the Business Growth Club, the Benefactor Group, the Ohio Bankers League, the Ohio Oil and Gas Association, the Ohio Mid-Eastern Regional Education Services Agency, the Baird Group, Builders Exchange, and the Ohio Association of Public Treasurers.
· He earned his bachelor’s degree in liberal arts from The Ohio State University, and graduated with cum laude honors.
· He graduated from Ohio State’s Moritz College of Law with his Juris Doctor degree.
· He was a recipient of the John J. Adams Memorial Award.
· He has earned a Master of Laws in tax from Capital University Law School.